Part Number: SDT-110
Military Specification: None
XtremeStrip™ is a fast acting remover of varnish paint, enamels, lacquer, shellac, glue and mastic. XtremeStrip™ is a very fluid – “water like” – stripper that makes an excellent dip tank stripper. It is formulated to be applied on flat surfaces – like floors. XtremeStrip™ will not raise the grain or discolor the finest woods. After stripping the coating on the substrate, it is not necessary to neutralize the surface with water before coating the stripped surface.
PTI PART NUMBER
XTREMESTRIP™ is a fast acting remover of varnish paint, enamels, lacquer, shellac, glue and mastic. XTREMESTRIP™ is a very fluid – “water like” – stripper that makes an excellent dip tank stripper. It is formulated to be applied on flat surfaces – like floors. XTREMESTRIP™ will not raise the grain or discolor the finest woods. After stripping the coating on the substrate, it is not necessary to neutralize the surface with water before coating the stripped surface.
XTREMESTRIP™ removes paints and other coatings from the following surfaces:
CAUTION: XTREMESTRIP™ SOFTENS LINOLEUM ASPHALT, RUBBER TILE, VINYL, PLASTICS AND FIBERGLASS.DIRECTIONS FOR USE USE PROTECTION: CHEMICALLY RESISTANT GLOVES, RESPIRATOR, EYE PROTECTION. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
- Apply a generous amount of XTREMESTRIP™ - brush, roller or spray gun. Parts may be dipped in a tank for cleaning. If a brush is used, brush in a full consistent layer; do not brush back and forth.
- Leave the area and let the stripper do the work. After 15 minutes, test-scrape a small area to see if finish is ready for removal. Remove loosened finish by scrapping with a metal scraper, putty knife or brush. If you are stripping wood be sure to scrape gently in the direction of the wood grain with a plastic stripping tool.A toothbrush, toothpick, or stripping brush will help remove old finish buried in recesses. Multiple coats or stubborn finishes may require repeat applications. Use a clean abrasive pad dipped in Mineral Spirits to loosen remaining finish and remove any residue.
- Before refinishing wood, allow the surface to dry thoroughly. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain and then apply new finish. It is not necessary to neutralize the surface before painting.
- Storage and Disposal: Store in a cool place. Once opened, use within 6 months. When disposing of the product allow liquids to evaporate and residue to dry outdoors then dispose of according to law.
- DIP-TANK APPLICATIONS:Protect your hands with polyethylene or neoprene gloves. Open the container slowly to relieve any pressure. Pour the XTREMESTRIP™ into an open container. The container should be large enough to fully submerge the parts being stripped. Be sure to use metal tools to dip the parts in the tank to avoid contact with the skin. Leave the parts submerged in the stripper for 10 -15 minutes and then remove. The finish should be removed using steel wool and/or a brush and water. If the finish is not entirely stripped from the part then repeat the process until the part is thoroughly stripped. To Refinish: wash with water and allow to thoroughly dry. Prepare the area that will be refinished according to the manufacturer’s instructions.