CAMA™ - CERTIFIED AIRCRAFT - MARINE - AUTOMOTIVE
Part Number: PTS-294
Military Specification: MIL-R-81294D TYI & TYII CL. 2A
CAMA™ (PTS-294) meets Military Specification: MIL-R-81294D TYI & TYII CL. 2A. The Certified Aircraft, Marine & Automotive Paint Remover (CAMA™) is a non-flammable fast acting Urethane, Epoxy and Marine finish remover. CAMA™ is scientifically formulated to remove the most difficult surface coatings and stains. Wash away action with water forms a foamy emulsion to get cracks, seems, moldings and crevices clean. This product is viscous and formulated to cling to vertical surfaces.
PTI PART NUMBER
MIL-R-81294D TYI & TYII CL. 2A
(PTS-294 meets MILITARY SPECIFICATION: MIL-R-81294D TYI & TYII CL. 2A. The Certified Aircraft, Marine & Automotive Paint Remover (CAMA™) is a non-flammable fast acting Urethane,Epoxy and Marine finish remover. CAMA™ is scientifically formulated to remove the most difficult surface coatings and stains. Wash away action with water forms a foamy emulsion to get cracks, seems, moldings and crevices clean. This product is viscous and formulated to cling to vertical surfaces.
COATING PROPERTIES & CHARACTERISTIC
- Mil-thickness: 2 – 3 mils
- Flash Point: No Flash to Boiling
- Biodegradable: 100%
- DOT Hazard Class: Non Hazardous
- Viscosity: Thick/Viscous
- Weight per Gallon: 12.34 lbs.
- Coverage: Approx. 100 sq/ft per gallon
- VOC: 550.3 grams per liter
- Approved Surfaces: Metal, Composite, Concrete and Wood
- Container Sizes: 1, 5 and 55 gallon containers
- Specifications: TT-R-2918A TYI
Shelf life is 1 year when stored between 50⁰-95⁰ F. This is only applicable for materials stored in unopened and undamaged original factory filled containers.
- Before starting any cleaning or preparation it is important to review and follow the original equipment manufacturers instructions regarding masking procedures.
- All areas that are going to be masked should be clean with an approved cleaner, PTC-2002 (MIL-PRF85570DTY II), acetone, IPA or any other approved wash solvent.
- The approved masking tape for this application is MIL-T-23397B TY II and should be applied with aplastic applicator to ensure proper adhesion.
- FOR AIRCRAFT: Mask all antennas and windows but not metallic areas according to the original equipment manufacturers approved procedures
- Protect your hands with polyethylene or neoprene gloves. Open the container slowly to relieve any pressure. Pour into open top container.
- Use only in a well ventilated area and only with a NOSH approved vapor mask. If applying to a vertical surface, begin at the bottom and work up because vapors can accumulate near the floor.
- Do not mix with any other product. For best results, use in temperatures between 65 degrees F and 85degrees F and away from strong breeze and hot sun. Protect surrounding areas with a heavy plastic drop cloth.
- Apply a generous amount of CAMA™ with a paint brush or spray gun. If you are brushing, lay on a full and consistent layer with one side of the brush. Do not brush back and forth. THIN COATS DO NOT WORK EFFICIENTLY.
- Allow CAMA™ to remain on the surface until the old finish begins to soften, blister and/or lift. TheCAMA™ will begin to take affect 15 to 30 minutes after application, depending on the type of application.CAMA™ will stay wet for a long period of time depending on conditions. If it begins to dry before the job is complete, apply a second time. The old finish will bubble off. CAMA™ remover will NOT corrode metal.
- The old finish may be washed or scraped off the surface. If you are scrapping wood, scrape with the woodgrain. To wash away with water – use fine steel wool and water, or a wet towel to form a foamy emulsion. Carvings and moldings can be cleaned with a brush wetted with water. Rinse the emulsion off with a wet cloth or sponge, flush with the hose if possible. Veneers should be dried immediately. For stain removals, complete the directions above; then while the surface is still wet, reapply the remover and wash with water.
- Due to the extreme strength of the CAMA™ remover it may darken certain natural woods. CAMA™ can be used on concrete. It will not etch the surface.
- To refinish wood, allow surface to dry thoroughly. Sand lightly in direction of the wood grain before applying the new finish.
- Return unused stripper to the original container. The work area and tools can be cleaned up with soap and water. Wash arms and hands with cold water and soap.
- Take used containers and drop cloths outdoors and allow liquids to evaporate and residue to dry. Then dispose of those materials in a metal container in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.
CAMA™ REMOVES URETHANES, EPOXIES, LACQUERS, ENAMELS, VINYLS, LATEX, VARNISHES, ACRYLICS,SHELLAC, POLYESTERS AND HIGH PERFORMANCE FINISHES FROM THE FOLLOWING SURFACES.
THIS PRODUCT WILL SOFTEN LINOLEUM, ASPHALT, RUBBER TILE, VINYL, PLASTICS AND FIBERGLASS. CAMA™CAN REMOVE BAKED ON PHENOLIC COATING. DUE TO THE STRENGTH OF THESE COATINGS, THE COATING MUSTBE SCORED WITH A BLADE AND IT MAY TAKE MANY APPLICATIONS TO PENETRATE AND REMOVE THE PAINT STORAGE
Once CAMA™ is opened, it should be used within 6 months or disposed of properly to avoid deterioration. Store CAMA™ in a cool place. Exposure to high temperatures or prolonged exposure to sun may cause can to swell or leak.